#32 – Go to Luna Park

by Elizabeth on February 10, 2008 · 7 comments

in 101 in 1001, Life, Melbourne

Part of my 101 Things in 1001 Days challenge.

Until today I had never made it to St Kilda, which is sort of ridiculous considering how long I’ve been in Melbourne now. I’ve always loved the photos of the creepy clown entrance at Luna Park, and since it’s such an icon I was really looking forward to checking it out.

Today was Festival Day at the St Kilda Festival, which involved a bunch of stages with 50 bands throughout the day, street performers, markets, kite surfing, beach volleyball, motocross and plenty of rides. The vibe sort of reminded me of Byron Bay’s NYE Festival, although on a much (much) bigger scale. We had a great time, and fell in love with this awesome city all over again.

Part of our day involved checking out Luna Park, which was just as creepy-looking in person as I had hoped! Plenty more photos of the day to follow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Lulu February 11, 2008 at 2:45 am

Oh I am so jealous! When I was in Melbourne a couple of years ago I really wanted to go to Lunar Park….I did get to St Kilda and see the outside but didn`t get to go in!! Hope you had fun!

ps: Love the second photo!

Ralf February 11, 2008 at 7:29 am

Glad you’re having a good time and really experiencing Melbourne 🙂

R

Justine February 11, 2008 at 7:59 am

I didn’t get your text until 10.35pm!! The text networks were overloaded yesterday I am guessing… what time did you send it? We stayed there til 6, but when I hadn’t heard from you I figured the pain of yesterday’s walking had gotten the better of you.

fragileheart February 11, 2008 at 6:25 pm

That is one scary looking entrance!! Looks like you’re doing well on your 101 things challenge. Just wanted to say thanks for letting me advertise 🙂

Cromely February 11, 2008 at 6:59 pm

I love the color in those photos. Nice work.

gullybogan February 11, 2008 at 11:32 pm

Luna Park has always been a little creepy.

Apparently it used to be less crap, back in the sixties or something. They had this thing called the Giggle Palace, which was all kooky mirrors and rocking walkways. But that’s long gone.

My folks took me there when i was tiny. I remember telling them in the train on the way there that the one thing i wanted to go on more than anything else was the smiley face. They laughed and said that i’d have to go on that, cos it’s the entrance.

Everything was a disappointment after that.//

Holly February 12, 2008 at 8:54 pm

That big mouth looks just a wee bit creepy, haha!