Feel Good Friday is a small collection of the inspiring stuff I’ve discovered around the web. It’s all about good health, happiness and the stuff that makes us feel good! Please leave me a comment if you have a great article or blog post to share in next week’s round-up.
A few minutes at Cyanide & Happiness will make you feel good – guaranteed!
Yikes! I haven’t posted all that much since my last Feel Good Friday have I? I was blessed with a beautiful five-day weekend over Easter and it was wonderful to relax without a whole lot of screen time.
The Easter bunny was especially good to me this year, and now that it’s all over I’m looking forward to a week of cleaner eating and getting my blood pumping. Here are the best links I’ve found in my online travels this week – enjoy!
A little proof that making something fun can affect behaviour for the better. Great idea!
- Angela from Oh She Glows has shared an excellent post about the staples that make up her vegan pantry. Although I’m not vegan (or vegetarian!) I’m really interested in all types of healthy eating, so this is a really useful post.
- Carbs without a cause: 8 foods worse than white bread.
- Gentlemen, please avert your eyes while we discuss these core fitness tips for women. (You’ve been warned!)
- According to fitday.com these are the 8 powerhouse foods you should be eating. (Raise your hand if you knew what a cruciferous vegetable was before today. Anyone?)
- I loooved this fun experiment from Charlotte: the surprising science behind happy. Grab a pencil and get ready to smile!
- And also? Why laughter is the best medicine.
- Could an apple a day really keep the doctor away? Maybe – but it may also be coated in pesticides. Here’s what The Huffington Post has called the Dirty Dozen: The 12 fruits and vegetables with the most pesticides.
- Supplements: should we take them? This is one person’s opinion on an incredibly complex topic, and I found it really interesting. I’m not taking any supplements at the moment, are you?
- It’s a very big claim, but James McWhinney says that these six powerful questions will change your life forever. Certainly very thought-provoking.
- Ever wondered about the real sugar content of the drinks you consume? I don’t recognise all of these brands, but Red Bull and Mountain Dew are scary! Why do we do this to ourselves? (The image below has been circulating a bit lately, but I’ve had trouble finding the original source. This is where I found it.)
- And finally, try working this exercise from shape.com into your routine this week. I don’t want to brag or anything, but I can do at least one rep in a row! haha…
The two point plank (via shape.com)
Assume a push up position, making sure your body forms a straight line from your shoulders down to your toes. Raise your right hand and left leg out to form a straight line with your body, hold for two counts, then return to plank position and repeat with the other arm and leg. That’s one rep. For best results, do 2-3 sets of 10-20 reps several times per week.
Hope you have a very happy Friday, and an excellent weekend! As you’re reading this post I’ll be driving down the coast toward Apollo Bay where we’ll be staying for the next couple of nights. We’ll be hanging out with my brother and his girl, catching up with friends, gazing at the stars and snuggling up with our pup. I can’t wait!
Do you have plans?
Make sure you do something that makes you feel good!